Enjoying Morning Chalk Up? Access additional exclusive interviews, analyses, and stories with an Rx membership.
Standing under 5 feet tall and weighing around 105 pounds, Alyssa Ritchey is small, but the four-time CrossFit Regionals athlete and Olympic weightlifter is strong. Not strong for a girl, not strong for her weight class, just stupid strong and here are seven times when she’s shown just how strong she is.
1. She deadlifts 355 pounds. That’s over TRIPLE her bodyweight.
2. She can back squat 290 pounds.
3. She has a double bodyweight jerk of 224 pounds.
4. She can rep out strict chest-to-bar pull-ups.
5. She snatches 170 pounds.
6. She reps out deficit free handstand push-ups like it’s no big deal.
7. She has a 227 pound clean and jerk. Only 5 women in US history have accomplished a double bodyweight clean and jerk.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.