|Send us a tip!||Monday, August 7, 2017|
Good morning from Madison, WI and welcome to the Morning Chalk Up. Today’s edition is fueled by Paleoethics, the Official Sports Nutrition Sponsor of The CrossFit Games. The Games are over, but the deals don’t have to be! Save 20% on your entire order with code “CHALKUP.”
QUOTE OF THE DAY
TOP 10 CROSSFIT GAMES MOMENTS
9. Masters Athletes Won’t Let Julie Nadeau Quit — It’s a general rule in CrossFit that whoever finishes gets the loudest cheers. As the only Masters 35-39 athlete left on the floor, Julie Nadeau was struggling to carry the 150 pound sandbag to the finish line. But her competitors wouldn’t let her give up and cheered her all the way to the last second.
8. Cody Anderson Hits a Clean PR at 2x Bodyweight — 350 pounds is a lot of weight to clean, but for Cody Anderson — at 172 pounds — it’s two times his bodyweight. Not only that, it was a new PR for the 2X Games athlete.
7. Seventeen-Year-Old Snatches 291 Pounds — Watching the Brazilian teenager snatching you’d have thought Guilherme Malheiros was competing as an individual. In fact, he would have tied Mathew Fraser for 5th place.
6. Fraser Dives, Falls Off Finishing Matt — Every nanosecond counts. Mathew Fraser, trying to edge out Brent Fikowski in Strongman’s Fear, dove into the finish line but fell off the back of the matt.
5. Jason Carroll Proposes to His Girlfriend — We’ve seen it Regionals before and last year a couple even got married at the CrossFit Games. Sometimes it truly is love at first WOD and after the Friday night events wrapped up Jason Carroll grabbed the microphone and popped the question.
4. Masters Athlete Saves Drowning Competitor During Event — This one is almost too unbelievable to believe. During Run Swim Run, 62-year-old Robert Caslin heard a scream about 20 meters behind him; another athlete was drowning. He turned back to save his life.
READ THE STORY.
3. Mathew Fraser Wins His Second Straight CrossFit Games — The four-time CrossFit Games athlete continued his dominate performance, winning his second title in two years increasing his margin of victory to 216 points.
2. Wasatch Brutes Dethrones Mayhem — Rich Froning hasn’t lost a CrossFit competition since 2010, when he took second to Graham Holmberg. But as tough as Mayhem is, Wasatch Brutes proved to be too much to handle.
1. Tia-Clair Toomey Winning the 2017 CrossFit Games — After two straight second place finishes, Tia finally gets crowned the Queen of CrossFit with a finish you won’t want to miss.
2. Kara Webb | Brent Fikowski
3. Annie Thorisdottir | Ricky Garard
2. CrossFit Mayhem
3. CrossFit Fort Vancouver
2. Devyn Kim | Amir Fahmy
3. Ellie Kerstetter | Reece Mitchell
2. Haley Adams | Guilherme Malheiros
3. Filippa Ferm | Cole Greashaber
2. Joey Kimdom | Neal Maddox
3. Becca Voigt | Chris Spealler
2. Karen McCadam | Robbie Perovich
3. Annie Sakamoto | Yurii Hanson
2. Kylie Massi | Brent Maier
3. Tonia Osborne | John Lynch
2. Marion Valkenburg | Craig Eisman
3. Shellie Edington | Marco Casali
2. Mary Beth Prodromides | Anthony Turski
3. Kelli Dean | Robert Boshoven
2. Shaun Havard | Hilmar Hardarson
3. Marcia Yager | Rodrigo Dominguez
Get The Morning Chalk Up
Delivered to your inbox every morning.