The Rogue Invitational brings together CrossFit royalty to the likes that have never been seen before outside of the CrossFit Games. Rogue’s introduction of the Legends division promises to be a fan favorite as past champions and fan favorites will take the competition floor for the first time in years.
On top of hosting the fittest roster, Rogue features the second highest athlete payout, more than $400,000.
- First place individual: $50,000
- First place team: $20,000
- $5,000 per event win
Fans will have different opinions of who should be on the Mount Rushmore of CrossFit, but it is fairly certain that anyone’s top four are in the Invitational’s field. As a CrossFit Games Season record-keeper, the Rogue Invitational’s roster is the ultimate for stats compilation that I have never assembled previously.
- Just how stacked are we talking? Athletes at the Rogue Invitational account for only 8% of all Games Individuals in history have accumulated almost 90 percent of the Games Individual Championships, nearly ¾ of all the podium spots, and virtually half of all event wins.
- 13 of the 16 CrossFit Games individual champions are competing. Only Caity Henniger (onsite running the event), James Fitzgerald and Jolie Macias (Gentry) are not competing.
- At least the top 5 all-time in every significant Games statistical category are competing at the Rogue Invitational: Championships, Podiums, Top 5s, Event Wins, Event Top 5s, and Events Competed.
- Full roster.
CrossFit Games Individuals All-Time Totals
|Games Ind. Athletes||Games Appearances||Gold||Silver||Bronze||Podium||Top 5s||Event|
|Wins||2nd Place||Top 5||Competed|
|Rogue Inv. Divisions||51||213||21||17||14||52||75||135||152||644||2544|
|All Games Individuals||636||1125||24||24||24||72||120||278||265||1342||5110|
CrossFit Games Totals from the Rogue Invitationals’ Athletes
- Individual Games Appearances: 213
- Team Member Games Appearances: 59
- Masters Games Appearances: 6
- Total Games Appearances: 278
Notable Division Points
- Individuals: 13 of the 20 women and 12 of the 19 men have already qualified for the Games, just seven women and seven men are competing for the two Games invite spots.
- Ben Smith is one of the seven men fighting for his Games invite in an attempt to extend his All-Time consecutive Individual Games appearance streak record to 11. Read more on this in Tommy’s Marquez’s article.
- 12 of the top 28 women worldwide from the Open are competing as Individuals.
- 12 of the top 40 men worldwide from the Open are competing as Individuals.
- Three of the eight teams have already qualified for the Games: Mayhem Freedom, Team Krypton, and Don’t Stop (assuming Don’t Stop obtains the Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge invite due to the pending Invictus X disqualification for Chantelle Loehner’s failed PED test). Seven of the eight teams were in the Top 9 from the 2018 CrossFit Games. Some of the teams have the exact roster, others have partial 2018 Games Team rosters on their Invitational Teams. Team Krypton was the only team not competing at the 2018 CrossFit Games.
- The 16 Legends division athletes have just as many Gold medals (10) and Games Top 5s (37) as do the 39 Individual Division athletes. Likewise, despite have more than double the athletes, the Individuals just beat out the Legends in Games Podiums (28 to 23) and Event Wins (65 to 63).
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
When 34-year-old Nik Kantar stood on the scale in February 2019 and saw 297.2 pounds, he knew it was time he…