Earlier today, the Buttery Bros posted an interesting photo to Instagram showing a license agreement with Gravitas Ventures, the same company responsible for handling the global distribution for Fittest on Earth: Redeemed and the Dominant and Fittest on Earth: A Decade of Fitness.
- Securing distributing is a key hurdle to getting this together. Gravitas is one of the largest digital distribution companies in the world.
- It’s very likely that the name will have to be changed from the Fittest on Earth series as it’s a registered trademark owned by CrossFit.
Heber Cannon on Talking Elite Fitness: “We’re making a movie. We’re excited to announce we’re making one for the 2019 season…CrossFit has been great enough to allow us to do that; they’ve given us a contract.”
- To be clear, there’s no documentary on the 2018 Games in the works.
- TBD whether it will be a documentary or documentary-series.
Take note: Marston Sawyers was the only media staff shooting action on the field of play and it wasn’t for the live broadcast.
- The two former CrossFit HQ documentarians have been traveling across the world over the past six months grabbing footage for road-to-the-games-esque episodes for their popular YouTube channel.
- Other notable filmmakers were seen snagging interviews with top athletes throughout the Games week.
Reading between the lines: This idea has been floating around for a while, even teased on the Buttery Bros YouTube channel, but getting a documentary like this requires a lot more than a YouTube channel. The Gravitas deal gives them the firepower needed to put this together.
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.