In Episode 8 of A Fresh Cup of Fitness, hosts Jessica Danger and Brittany Marsh share their experience with body image in all it’s varying forms. From childhood to middle aged female athletes, to coaching masters athletes that may feel betrayed by their bodies, to newer athletes still learning to love their body for all it can do, this episode has three steps to help generate your own body image. If you take just one thing from this episode, let it be this: How do you know what you know about your body image?
- 1:34: In which we attempt to define Body Image
- 3:32: We give up and find an actual definition
- 6:12: “The CrossFit Ideal”
- 7:31: Punt, Pass, and Kick
- 13:42: How CrossFit Promotes a Healthier Concept of Female Body Image
- 14:06: Here is what we actually look like
- 14:21: Mesomorph
- 15:30 How CrossFit athletes like Katrin Davidsdottir are changing the game
- 18:27: Jessica as a kid
- 21:34: Death, Then CrossFit
- 21:56: When Jessica found CrossFit
- 29:57: Step One: Discover how you view body image
- 30:56: Step Two: You get to develop your own plan to view your body
- 31:41: “Be Grateful For Your Body” post on Instagram
- 32:02 FLEO
- 34:47: Step Three: Discover the difference between what you think you “should” do and what you “want” to do.
- 38:07: CrossFit Conjugate
- 39:11: FLEO Shorts (yes, again.)
- 47:44: Body image affects men, too
- 48:00 Chuck Bennington
Follow Morning Chalk Up: https://www.instagram.com/morningchalkup/.
Follow Jessica Danger: https://www.instagram.com/mamadanger/.
Follow Brittany Marsh: https://www.instagram.com/the_brittumentary/.
Email us at: [email protected].
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
April was “the hardest month of my life,” said 26-year-old Caryn Nienstadt, a nurse in Westchester, NY, and a…