In Episode 11 of A Fresh Cup of Fitness, hosts Jessica Danger and Brittany Marsh help you navigate the signs and symptoms of imposter syndrome, how to combat the naysayer in your head, and why saying “should” isn’t helpful. If you take just one thing from this episode, let it be this: Feelings of imposter syndrome can be used as a corrective course instead of a dead end.
- 0:37 — Left Coast CrossFit
- 1:38 — Defining Imposter Syndrome
- 3:38 — Looks like procrastination or perfectionism
- 5:00 — Bennington College MFA Program
- 7:54 — Anxiety and depression
- 8:13 — Willingness to be underpaid
- 14:58 — Step One: Recognise imposter feelings
- 15:41 — Step Two: Rewrite your thought process
- 17:33 — Step Three: Talk about your feelings
- 20:13 — Step Four: Consider the context
- 23:18 — Step Five: Reframe failure as a lesson
- 25:23 — Step Six: Visualise your success
- 27:42 — Reframing Perfectionism by Julian Reeve
- 28:19 — The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women by Valerie Young
- 28:59 — Twelve Rules of Life by Jordan Peterson
- 29:36 — The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- 30:22 — On Being by Krista Tippit
Follow Morning Chalk Up: https://www.instagram.com/morningchalkup/.
Follow Jessica Danger: https://www.instagram.com/mamadanger/.
Follow Brittany Marsh: https://www.instagram.com/the_brittumentary/.
Email us at: [email protected].