Sara Sigmundsdottir is the Newest LSKD Athlete
Six-time CrossFit Games athlete and fan-favorite Sara Sigmundsdottir has joined the LSKD team as their newest sponsored athlete, she announced in an Instagram post on Tuesday.
With less than a month until the European Semifinal in Berlin, Germany, Sigmundsdottir will be able to debut her new partnership on the competition floor.
- From LSKD: “We’re pumped to welcome Sara Sigmundsdottir to Team LSKD. It’s our mission to inspire you to chase your vibe through sports, fitness and adventure.”
- “Sara’s career, training, outlook and presence as a CrossFit athlete and 6x CrossFit Games competitor is an inspiration to every athlete. We’re excited to share your journey with you Sara, lets create magic.”
Sigmundsdottir says her partnership with LSKD started organically–when she forgot a shirt while competing at Wodapalooza in the winter, her teammate and LSKD team member Katelin Van Zyl lended her an LSKD top. She instantly fell in love with the clothes–with both their comfort and style–and was convinced by the end of the competition.
- “When I heard that LSKD had asked my manager about me, I felt like a kid on the day before Christmas,” Sigmundsdottir said. “I’m so happy now. I’m joining an amazing brand in LSKD. A unique brand that has already become so successful and their whole vibe resonates so well with me.”
Remind me: This news comes just a few weeks after Sigmundsdottir announced the parting of ways between her and her long-time apparel sponsor WIT Fitness.
- Sigmundsdottir remains a key part of the WIT team as a stockholder, and says that she will always have a place in her heart for the brand.
- WIT is holding a sale for the “Final Collection” of Sigmundsdottir’s best selling items.
Sigmundsdottir will join a host of other elite CrossFit athletes LSKD is racking up, including Kahn Porter, Anikha Greer, and James Newbury. Founder and CEO of LSKD Jason Daniel is stoked to have Sigmundsdottir join the ranks.
- Daniel: “The first time we spoke to (Sigmundsdottir), you could feel there was such an alignment of mission and values, we are so pumped to have her be a part of the team.”
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields