Reports to: Managing Editor
Overview: This is a writer-driven position in which the successful candidate will cover the CrossFit Games season, its elite athletes, breaking news and analysis pieces about the competitions. This position will report directly to the managing editor
- Writing multiple stories per week on various topics under the direction of the managing editor which includes short news and breaking stories that can be turned around quickly, sometimes within a few hours.
- Participate in regular writer’s meetings where stories are developed, pitched and leads are generated.
- This candidate should have a background in writing content/copy or journalism. The role will require tight deadlines and timelines for stories, and the ability to produce clean copy within those timeframes
- This also includes the ability to generate story leads and monitor various social media channels and various CrossFit outlets for breaking news
- The position will also require the ability to quickly grab quotes from relevant sources within the industry when needed, and develop contacts as the position unfolds
- The successful applicant should also have a high level of knowledge when it comes to the sport of CrossFit and its elite athletes, and be able to craft up analysis pieces when needed, which include breaking down competitions as well as any news from CrossFit HQ
Rate: Paid per story, commensurate with experience