Title: Social Media Manager and Homepage Editor
Reports to: TBD
Morning Chalk Up is looking for a full time social media manager and homepage editor to oversee and manage all of Morning Chalk Up’s publishing channels including all social media accounts, the website, mobile app and assembling the daily newsletter.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a proven track record in building social media engagement and managing day to day publishing of a news website.
In addition, this person will oversee Morning Chalk Up’s interactions with the public through implementing content strategies on social media platforms.
About the position:
- Manage daily story scheduling and publishing on Morningchalkup.com.
- Manage all social media posting and engagement across multiple social media platforms.
- Manages the assembly of the daily newsletter.
- Monitoring and strategically using social media trends to leverage growth of companies social media accounts.
- Use internal tools to build and send The Morning Chalk Up newsletter.
- Works closely with the CTO, Growth Manager, CEO and Chief Editor.
- 2-4 years experience managing and growing multiple social media account simultaneously. Extra emphasis on managing accounts with audiences larger than 100,000 followers.
- Well versed in creating specific content strategies across publishing channels.
- Killer attitude.
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS.
- Got a little design chops and you’re willing to up your game to kill it on the socials.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Experience reading and understanding different analytics tools (Facebook and Google).
- You can do Fran in under 34 minutes.
- You. Love. To. Hustle.
- Loves CrossFit and Coffee.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices.
- WordPress and/or MVC development experience.
- A/B testing experience.
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience working in a newsroom.
Why work at the Morning Chalk Up:
- You’re passionate about what you do and you want a place to thrive.
- You want to make an impact in a community you care about.
- You realize that working at a start-up is a lot like working on a pirate ship and you’ve always wanted to be a pirate.
- You <3 Morning Chalk Up.
All right, times up, let’s do this.