Haley Adams and Saxon Panchik Join Reebok as Sponsored Athletes
In separate posts on Monday, Haley Adams and Saxon Panchik each announced that they are joining Reebok as sponsored athletes. The signing by Reebok boasts an already impressive list of sponsored CrossFit athletes that includes Rich Froning, Brent Fikowski, Patrick Vellner, Ben Smith and Annie Thorisdottir.
The bottom line: With the uncertainty of Reebok as the exclusive title sponsorship of the Games and its position as sole licensee of CrossFit apparel and shoes set to expire, the signing of two of the sport’s top young athletes shows that Reebok is still looking to commit to the sport and the athletes.
- “We’re thrilled to welcome Haley and Saxon into the Reebok family,” said John Lynch, Head of Global Partnerships for Reebok. “Our goal is to be the best fitness brand in the world and we’re committed to supporting the millions of people who make up the wider community, including rising talent — like Haley and Saxon — who continue to shape it. We are proud that they will endorse the best fitness shoe in the world — the Nano — as well as the best fitness gear from Reebok. We’re looking forward to what the future holds together.”
- Both Adams and Panchik finished in the top-ten at the 2019 Games. Adams placed sixth as an 18-year old in her first appearance on the main stage as an individual. Panchik as a 23-year old finished ninth in his second-straight appearance at the Games.
- “I’m so excited to officially be a part of the Reebok team,” said Adams. “I’ve worn their product and followed their brand since starting CrossFit. I’m so glad they believed in me enough to represent them and I hope to do that to the best of my ability! I’m excited to see where we go together!”
- “I’ve dreamt of becoming a Reebok athlete since starting out in ‘08,” posted Panchik on his Instagram. “I love seeing how much they’ve evolved since then and I’m excited to continue to grow with them! Being a part of this legacy is an opportunity I won’t take for granted.”
- “I couldn’t be more excited to be joining Team Reebok! I’ve dreamt of being a part of this team since I started CrossFit in ‘08. I’ve always admired their vision for CrossFit, being first to market, and now to be a part of their future is pretty amazing. I’m really looking forward to growing with this team and being an advocate for health,” said Panchik.
- Adams and Panchik are among the 60 athletes invited to compete at the 2020 Games in Aromas, California.