Individual Quarterfinal Floor Plans Have Been Released
As promised, CrossFit HQ released the floor plans for the five Quarterfinal workouts at noon pacific on March 21.
The details: If you qualified, you better get ready for some funky WODs.
- Workout 1 shows taped boxes against the wall at 40” and 24” as well as DBs and stacked plates (or similar items, to create a deficit) as well as eight feet of space in between.
- Workout 2 shows a GHD plus a set of gymnastics rings.
- Workout 3 shows a climbing rope, a wall ball target and 25’ space to move across.
- Workout 4 shows a rack and a barbell. While it does not show a flat bench, we could imagine it being included here.
- Workout 5 shows a barbell, a plyo box and a Concept2 rower.
The bottom line: These floor plans will allow for a lot of speculation as to what the workouts are for Quarterfinals.
- At first glance, there is no flat bench, which was added late, although it could be part of the setup for workout four, even though it’s not clearly laid out.
- We see a setup that might involve deficit HSPU, in workout one.
- There are gymnastic rings in workout two. That could mean ring MUs or toes-to-rings.
- Workout three has a rope, a wall ball target and a set flat distance, so we can only assume rope climbs, wall balls and a handstand walk.
- Workout four shows a rack and a barbell with plates. If the flat bench is incorporated, this is where it will likely be.
- The final workout–number five–looks gnarly. It involves a barbell, a plyo box and a rower. The combinations of these movements are infinite.