BREAKING: Marine Veteran Don Faul Named New CEO of CrossFit
CrossFit LLC has named US Marine veteran Don Faul the company’s new CEO on the eve of the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games. Faul, is a combat veteran and former platoon commander, who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, and has held key roles at a number of technology companies including Pinterest, Meta and Google.
Remind me: CrossFit has been on the hunt for a new CEO since Eric Roza stepped away in early-February to become Chairman of the Board. Alison Andreozzi was named interim leader earlier this year and her most public move was bringing back former CrossFit Games mastermind Dave Castro as an advisor to the CEO.
- Eric Roza: “I met Don more than seven years ago, and I believe he is the perfect leader to bridge the past, present, and future of CrossFit. From his military background to his passion for training in the box, Don has seen first-hand how CrossFit can transform and save lives, so he understands the importance of growing our business and sharing our proven, unmatched model for health and fitness around the world.”
Most recently, Faul was the CEO of Athos, a smart apparel company that offers technology that tracks data on muscle activity. Before Athos, Faul was Head of Operations for Pinterest, where he ran international growth and operations, customer support, and other monetization efforts. Earlier in his career, Faul served as VP of Global Online Operations for Facebook and Manager of Online Sales and Operations at Google.
- Faul: “At a time when global health trends are in decline, when people are starved for personal connection and community, CrossFit is more important than ever.”
- “I’ve experienced the impact of CrossFit firsthand,” he continued, “seeing how it helps people improve their fitness, reverse chronic disease, and build meaningful connections with other members of the CrossFit community.”
- “There are over 13,000 CrossFit Affiliates around the world that have changed millions of people’s lives. But we’re just getting started. Our job is to share CrossFit with the rest of the world, so our affiliates and coaches can help and inspire the tens of millions of people we haven’t yet reached,” Faul concluded.
- CrossFit Hires Jason Dunlop as New President
- Alison Andreozzi Named CrossFit’s Interim Chief
- CrossFit’s Chief Technology Officer to Step Down, “New Initiatives” in CrossFit Tech On Hold
- Eric Roza Stepping Down, Moving to Chairman of the Board
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields