So, You’ve Started a Training Business: How to Market and Grow
So, you’ve started a training business. Now, you’re thinking about expansion. How do you prepare for growth and do it successfully? Trusted personal training platform TrueCoach is here to help.
How to Market Your Business
Marketing begins with an understanding of who your business is and who you’re marketing to.
- Do you specialize in a certain type of training, like tactical conditioning or weight training? If so, think about your ideal client – they’re probably not someone recovering from an injury or training for a 5K.
- Try the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) model: Take some time to sit down and identify a few bullet points in each category. This will help you refine your marketing message and to reach your ideal customer.
Brand comes next. All businesses, no matter the size, need brand loyalty and awareness to drive growth. With more referrals from clients, positive reviews, and a network of community professionals and people, you’re creating a business and brand that people trust, which comes hand-in-hand with long-lasting customers.
Start posting regularly on social media and build a website to capture your community. Think of unique content ideas, like recipes specific to your business goals.
- Try posting on a variety of social media sites, including Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok. (TikTok offers a major opportunity as one of the fastest-growing social media platforms.)
Creating Efficiencies to Grow
When you begin to think about growth, it’s important to develop the right mindset. No longer stay satisfied by your current level of success, but begin to embrace future challenges and failures through a growth mindset.
- Start by making growth a priority by looking for new ways to improve your business and analyzing what is working and what is not.
Developing a growth mindset will allow you to expand and move into new fields, all while making you more resilient and helping you iterate on your business.
Steps Towards Growth
When your mindset is ready for growth, begin working towards it:
- Revisit your business plan and adjust the goals based on your new growth strategy.
- Expand your services and offerings by finding your passions, playing to your strengths, and listening to your clients. Don’t worry about what other coaches are doing; focus on your growth.
- Consider your software: is it meeting your needs how it used to? How can you leverage it to offer more to your clients?
- Boost your brand presence on social media and through marketing. Think about the gaps in your marketing strategy and work to patch them, adding services like email marketing and community partnerships.
- Revisit your financials and pricing, making sure you stay on track even as you grow.
Running a successful training business requires much more than great workouts. Developing a business can be intimidating, overwhelming, and daunting, but with tools like TrueCoach and the right strategies, growing your business can be much easier than you think.
Save time, deliver a better experience to your clients, and grow your training business with TrueCoach, the #1 Platform built for personal trainers.