Weight Vests: How Regionals Athletes Are Training
As soon as Dave Castro dropped the hint about weight vests at Regionals, athletes started preparing for the unknown.
1. Dani Horan did 30 burpee muscle-ups for time.
2. Lukas Hoberg ran through a snow-covered Swedish forest.
3. Kara Webb did legless rope climbs.
4. Kelsey Kiel wore it during a metcon with double-unders.
5. It’s Kelly Wilhide’s first Regionals but she’s not taking any chances. Weighted rope climbs √.
6. Meanwhile Margaux Alvarez drove around in her tractor.
7. Eik Gylfadottir did chest-to-bar pull-ups and squats.
8. Bjork Odinsdottir and Helena Falk ascend the pegboard, do strict handstand-pushps and weighted pistols.
9. 2016 CrossFit Open winner Jamie Greene does handstand push-ups.
10. Sarah Scholl did an hour of weighted gymnastics and Assault Bike.
11. Tia Wright got her bag inspected by thr TSA because she brought her metal weight vest to the airport.
To be continued…
Get The Morning Chalk Up
Delivered to your inbox every morning.