Momentous Shows Dedication to CrossFit After Becoming a Title Sponsor of the Sport
One of the leading sports and nutrition supplement companies, Momentous, is the Official Supplements and Sports Nutrition Partner of CrossFit HQ and the 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Games, putting the company at the forefront of the sport in more ways than one.
Momentous features a roster portfolio of several professional athletes in sports varying from long-distance running, to golf, to pro football. But between them are major figures in the sport of CrossFit, such as Sam Briggs, Lauren Fisher, and most recently, two-time champion Annie Thorisdottir. And now, Momentous hopes its commitment to CrossFit translates to the larger community.
Remind me: CrossFit and Momentous announced their partnership earlier this year, right before Semifinals started. The company is based in Park City, Utah and is a brand “built to optimize human performance,” according to the company. Their products are backed by scientific research and “direct clinical proof before being 3rd party tested for quality.”
CrossFit only partners with select companies, so adding Momentous to its list as the title supplement sponsor is an important step and signifies the supplement company is serious about the sport and the community that’s been built.
- “By aligning with CrossFit, Momentous is taking a natural step forward in creating authentic partnerships that reflect our shared visions and philosophies,” said Jeff Byers, CEO of Momentous.
- “Together, we are creating inclusive communities that allow high performers from all walks of life to chase their definition of high performance, whether you are an athlete, executive, first responder, or busy parent. We are excited to bring the world-class CrossFit athletes best-in-class training, recovery, and competition solutions.”
- In a previous interview, Byers addressed concerns about supplements and the problem of cross-contamination. He reassured everyone by saying that the company doesn’t hesitate to get rid of any products if there’s even a hint of cross-contamination.
A big week: While the partnership has been in place for several months, Momentous really gets the chance to show CrossFit fans and athletes what it’s all about during Games Week. Below is a look at what they plan to offer.
- Thursday, August 3 and Friday, August 4, from 12pm-2pm: mock affiliate giving away servings of Fuel and taste testing.
- Friday, August 4 at 10:30am: presentation from Patrick Dixon, the Director of Applied Sports Science at Momentous, about proper approaches and strategies around performance, recovery, and optimization.
- Saturday, August 5 at 9:00am: sponsored breakfast on level 2 of vendor pavilion: affiliate lounge.
Even more: Spectators in Madison, Wisconsin, can also expect a huge vendor spot, along with in-person challenges, activations and samplings of products.
This partnership is even more important because of the recent suspensions in the sport for athletes found using banned substances, some of which were intentional, while others were due to cross-contamination.
Momentous has now embedded itself as the premier nutrition supplement to the sport and will give athletes access to all of its top-of-the-line products— ensuring safety and efficacy.