Morning Chalk Up Enables In-Story Commenting
At its most basic level, conversations are the driving force behind this community and the stories we create. After four years of original reporting, our social media channels have been flooded with countless comments from around the global community, engagement we both encourage and hope to continue to foster. We believe that substantive comments are an addition to, rather than a detraction from good reporting.
For the past two years, we’ve received numerous requests to enable commenting directly on stories on Mornigchalkup.com. Due to a lack of resources, this hasn’t been possible until now and I’m pleased to introduce this feature to readers for the first time.
How to get started commenting:
- Step 1: Go to https://morningchalkup.com/ and create a free account.
- Step 2: Fill out all required fields to complete registration.
- Step 3: Start commenting on your favorite articles.
Some guidelines to follow:
The CrossFit community is by and large respectful and even-measured in its approach to engagement. This is why we’ve chosen to white label all commenters for immediate publication on our platform.
With that being said, here are some guidelines that we think will help.
- Well-articulated and thought-out comments are especially welcome.
- Please stay on topic and avoid straying far from the content of the original story.
Comments that are not allowed and will be immediately deleted.
- Spam and commercial promotion.
- Personal attacks against staff or other commenters.
- Obscenities, vulgarity, and profanity.
- Clearly off-topic comments.
- As we cannot accurately moderate comments in foreign languages they will also be removed.
We always welcome feedback and suggestions for improvement. If you would like to get in touch with our editors, please shoot us a note.