Mayhem Missions Fights Human Trafficking, April Fundraiser Competition Now Live
Mayhem Mission, the charitable arm of CrossFit Mayhem, is hosting an online fitness competition called “Mayhem for Freedom” on April 17 to combat human trafficking. Registration for the competition is currently open on Throwdowns.com.
The details: Mayhem Mission is partnering with Rescue:Freedom to bring awareness and to combat human trafficking around the world, currently there are over 40 million people enslaved and/or victims of trafficking.
- Part of the partnership is the online competition, with the net proceeds benefiting the fight against human trafficking.
- The organizations have also partnered up with Elevation Church, who has committed to match up to $100,000 of funds raised.
- The competition is made for all fitness skill levels and will be designed to be done either at your local gym or at home.
- The event will include both a bodyweight workout which requires no equipment, as well as a higher-level option with equipment.
- All registrants will receive a “Mayhem for Freedom” t-shirt from Reebok.
- Registration is $30 + fees; the workout will be announced at a later date.
- The affiliate with the most members signed up for the workout will receive a prize.
- Randomly selected individuals who sign up will also receive prizes.
- If you don’t wish to compete but would rather donate to the cause, Rescue:Freedom has set up a donation page.
The bottom line: Rich Froning and wife Hillary launched Mayhem Mission in 2020 with the sole focus of creating a platform for giving back to those in need. This endeavor is one of the first under the non-profit that combines their faith and fitness that will give back to the community and organizations that align with their beliefs.
- Froning: “We believe everyone should have the opportunity to be free and it’s a no-brainer to partner with organizations who are working to fight for those who don’t have that opportunity, and we really hope we can change lives by helping our friends with Rescue:Freedom.”