CrossFit Level 1 Course Now Available Online in Six Additional Languages, More to Come
Earlier this week CrossFit Training announced that the CrossFit Level 1 Course — the foundation and entry level course for CrossFit coaches — is now available fully online and in six additional languages.
The details: For those who wish to earn a CrossFit Level 1 credential, but cannot make it to an in-person, weekend-long seminar, can now do so from the comfort of their own home of nearby gym.
- The Online Level 1 Course includes a self-paced educational component followed by a live webinar and Q&A with CrossFit Seminar Staff.
- In addition to English, the online version is available in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Korean and Portuguese.
- Over the next few weeks, CrossFit Training will be launching the course in more languages as well.
- During the height of pandemic-related restrictions and gym closures, CrossFit began offering an online version of the Level 1 course, but it was only available to those who needed to update their certificate, it was not available to those seeking a Level 1 certificate for the first time. This is a significant modification that opens up the course online offering significantly.
Remind me: Back in February, CrossFit unveiled an “Online On-Ramp” program for individuals looking to start CrossFit, but perhaps hesitant to join an in-person box.
- The program is still in its roll-out phase, but the response from the affiliate community was mixed. Some questioned whether the online option might discourage athletes from joining local affiliates, while others see the program as a potential pipeline to in-person classes.
The big picture: The CrossFit training department has been creating important, foundational content for the fitness community for years, but until very recently, that content has mostly only been available (at least in a way that was guided directly by seminar staff and subject matter experts) in in-person seminars.
- Due to cost and other considerations, this limited the reach of CrossFit training around the world. The COVID-19 pandemic and the change in leadership at the top of CrossFit LLC has spurred innovation and these online, multi-lingual offerings are the result.
- The Online Level 1 Course will likely help to make the CrossFit methodology available to more trainers in diverse and disparate locations around the world who might otherwise not be able to earn CrossFit certificates.