This Week in CrossFit
It’s the final week of Semifinals and we’re blessed with an in-person event in Las Vegas! Between last weekend’s Semifinals recap, last-minute leaderboard changes and the next round of competition underway, this week has been full send since the get-go. You better buckle up, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.
Games Bound Athletes:
Brazil CrossFit Championship:
- Larissa Cunha (560) | Agustin Richelme (560) | Fourmixx Brazil (590)
- Sasha Nievas (528) | Guilherme Malheiros (548) | Q21 (555)
CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown:
- Emma McQuaid (549) | Bjorgvin Karl Gudmundsson (484) | CrossFit Nordic (525)
- Laura Horvath (544) | Adrian Mundwilver (476) | Team CrossFit Holistic (510)
- Annie Thorisdottir (528) | Uldis Upenieks (456) | Motion (495)
- Gabriela Migala (528) | Sam Stewart (456) | Team Butchers Lab T-Bone (480)
- Thuri Helgadottir (460) | Henrik Haaplainen (449) | Bergen Limitless (460)
CrossFit German Throwdown:
- Kristin Holte (572) | Jonne Koski (544) | CrossFit Oslo Wolfpack (570)
- Jacqueline Dahlstrom (552) | Lazar Dukic (516) | The Athlete Program (520)
- Katrin Davidsdottir (468) | Luka Dukic (443) | From the Port (505)
- Emilia Leppanen (446) | Andrew Houdet (437) | Team CrossFit Genas (480)
- Samantha Briggs (436) | Giorgia Karavis (437) | AOD Fitness (480)
- In less than a year, CrossFit Queen Annie Thorisdottir gave birth, became a mother and became fit enough to punch her 11th ticket to the CrossFit Games. When it comes to Games experience though, the European women are stacked with veterans while the European men are welcoming several rookies who qualified this past weekend. As for teams though, keep an eye on Fourmixx Brazil as they were incredibly consistent through every workout at Semifinals.
- After a premature posting of the official leaderboard had Emma Tall as the fifth and final spot going to the Games through the CrossFit German Throwdown, a late penalty took her out of contention moving Samantha Briggs into her spot. The penalty was for having assistance with her barbell in Event 6, a controversial ruling that’s gained traction from athletes and even the PFAA as there was no specific ruling stating you couldn’t have outside assistance.
- All the CrossFit merchandise you love to wear will now be on the WIT Fitness website. If you’re headed to Madison for the CrossFit Games, expect to see their retail store for you to check out in person.
- As Sigmundsdottir recovers from her recent ACL surgery, she has been busy in the fashion world. In her partnership with WIT Fitness, she’s designing clothes specifically for a more muscular build, hoping to boost women’s body image in the process. Fun fact: Did you know her real name is Ragnheiður and her middle name is Sara?!
- Wodify recently launched a new blog that gathers data and insight to help gym owners. One of their latest posts reveals the staggering numbers surrounding the first three months of membership. 45% of new clients will cancel within their first 90 days and of the members who make it past 90 days, 53% will stay for a year or more. The post gives business owners insight on how to increase retention.
Who to keep an eye on at this weekend’s Semifinals:
Things you don’t want to miss:
- CrossFit released a full list of scoring adjustments and penalties from the three Online Semifinals. The list is lengthy and includes the 20-second penalty assessed to Emma Tall for “receiving assistance with equipment.” Notably, the penalty rescinded her previously announced Games qualification.
- CrossFit announced Thorne as its official supplement partner.
- Golf enthusiasts prepare yourselves (mostly your wallet), NoBull is releasing a golf line and it’s DOPE!
- Reebok released a new colorway for both the Nano X1 and Floatride Energy 3 called “Alive with Color.”
- The University of Maryland just made a serious upgrade to their football weight room. Rogue designed a one-of-a-kind facility that’s like none other. It’s something you have to see to believe.
- Sara Sigmundsdóttirs CrossFit career may be on pause as she recovers from her ACL surgery, but business as a Global Ambassador for Volkswagen is full steam ahead. Vroom vroom.
- Chyna Cho, Games veteran and former CrossFit Mayhem team-member, is officially moving from San Fransico to the beautiful island of Maui. Aloha!
- O2 and Project Onyx are hosting a Juneteenth Workout for Freedom day.
- The CrossFit Norwegian Throwdown is hiring a new Emcee. The event is taking place August 14-15, 2001 at the Storefjell Resort Hotel in Gol, Norway.
- Morning Chalk Up announces a new partnership with WIT. Rx and Rx+ members now receive a 15% discount on purchases with the leading retailer as well as the chance to be treated like WIT-sponsored athletes and receive new gear drops every eight weeks for an entire year. Become an Rx member today for $1 to access the draw, the discount, and all premium Morning Chalk Up content.
- Morning Chalk Up is hiring a Social Media Manager and Homepage Editor, and Customer Service Representative.