This Week in CrossFit
Enjoying Morning Chalk Up? Access additional exclusive interviews, analyses, and stories with an Rx membership.
Two CrossFit Games Events teased to us in just a matter of days? That’s one way to make the work week fly by. And there’s a fun way you can participate in some of the events from the comfort of your local box.
- Roman Khrennikov and Alexandre Caron
- Emma Tall and Kristi Eramo O’Connell
- IE1 will take place on the morning of Wednesday, July 28.
- The workout will include swimming and paddle boarding. Both portions will be long, but paddle boarding will be longer.
- Paddle boarding will not be stand-up, according to Dave Castro.
- The event will most likely take place on Lake Monona as the city of Madison approved the use of three parks along that lake for the dates of the Games.
- IE2 will be a triplet.
- The movements include a sled pull, pig-flip and 42 muscle-ups. Then back to the pig-flip and end with a sled pull.
- It’s not yet known whether the muscle-ups will be ring or bar.
- The development of the shoe began back at the 2019 Games when folks from Nike began to pick athlete’s brains to figure out what made the perfect CrossFit shoe.
- Their findings? Stability. So then the birth of the Metcon 7 came from a combination of Nike’s traditional Metcons, and their famous lifting shoe, the Romaleos.
- Dunlop has a decorated resume working with top businesses and growing their global expansion.
- He’s just one of several individuals CEO Eric Roza has brought on to help with the company’s overall growth worldwide.
Things you don’t want to miss:
- Annie Thorisdottir wrote an emotional letter to her daughter, Freyja, discussing her hopes for her daughter to grow up strong just the way she is meant to be. Read the letter.
- NEW EVENT: The CrossFit Virtual Games. Now you can participate in workouts that closely mimic what Games athletes are doing in Madison, all from home. The virtual Games will have multiple events where you can log your score on a worldwide leaderboard.
- Registration is open now at games.crossfit.com and the competition takes place from July 28 – August 1.
- Team change: Games athlete, Ryan Sowder, will be filling in for Eric Carmody on Team Invictus at the CrossFit Games.
- The bill for some international CrossFit athletes to compete at the Games is getting pricey. Morning Chalk Up spoke with Australian Ellie Turner who quoted it’ll cost her $20,000 by the time everything is paid for. The biggest factor of the enormous price tag: COVID.
- Business tips: Looking to get a new member or personal training client to sign up on the day of the consultation? Morning Chalk Up sat down with some experts who give business owners tips on how to keep them from saying “let me think about it and I’ll get back to you.”
- Product drop! Podium, the supplement company created by Mat Fraser and the Buttery Bros, dropped their first product, “FUSE,” a pre-workout.
- Out of coffee, call a buffalo: In what might be the most hilarious ad spot to date, Rich Froning launches Buffalo Brew Coffee delivery, a monthly recurring whole bean coffee company from the eight-time Games champ.
- Book release: CrossFit moms and Fitness teachers are going to love this. A new CrossFit coloring book just hit Amazon. “The Fittest Coloring Book on Earth” helps teach the kiddos different CrossFit movements while being creative at the same time.
- Get Fed Like Fraser: Sammy Moniz’s new cookbook, “Feeding the Frasers: Family Favorite Recipes Made to Feed the Five-Time Games Champion, Mat Fraser” is available for pre-order now. The book will be published on January 25, 2022.
- Plant-based protein bars: Barebells, a high-protein bar company, released two plant-based flavors today, available in Salty Peanut and Hazelnut Nougat.