Guide to Working Out at 2024 TYR Wodapalooza
Just because you are in town watching the athletes lift heavy and run fast during TYR Wodapalooza doesn’t mean you have to take a rest day. There are plenty of opportunities to get your fitness in while in Miami, and while not a comprehensive list, here are a few affiliates located near the venue that welcome drop-ins during the competition.
There are plenty of special workouts with elite athletes and brand activations as well — keep an eye on the Morning Chalk Up Instagram feed for more.
6802 SW 81st St, Miami, FL 33143
Peak 360 Miami, home to Games athlete Noah Ohlsen, will be bustling throughout the entire WZA week.
- Peak 360 is hosting Miami Fitness Week, presented by Nike.
- All drop-ins for the week will be free.
During the WZA weekend, Peak 360 will be your “Miami Metcon Gym.” They’re hosting a series of “Miami Metcon Classes,” where visitors can try on and test the new Nike Metcon 9 in a workout.
More special events:
- Miami Plunge Club is in the building with plunges all week.
- Pliability is stopping by with special coaches for stretch and workout events.
- Weightlifting and endurance clinics throughout the week.
- Community WODs on Saturday.
1850 NW 7th Ave, Miami, FL 33136
CrossFit Yellow Falcon just moved into a brand-new location only 12 minutes away from Bayfront. They are one of the biggest affiliates in the area and were awarded the Best CrossFit Gym in Miami in 2023 by the Miami New Times.
If you are visiting Yellow Falcon, there is no need to RSVP; just walk right in!
- Friday, January 12: 8 AM Workout with Annie Thorisdottir, sponsored by Momentum
- Momentum products will be available on-site for sampling.
- Sunday, January 14: 11 AM Workout with Brent Fikowski, sponsored by Ascent Protein
- Head here to check out their class schedule.
- There are showers and changing rooms if you want to squeeze in a workout before a long day of spectating. You’ll also find plenty of parking.
56 NE 29th St, Miami, FL 33137
CrossFit Wynwood is only two miles from the venue, so it is an easy trip to pop over and squeeze in a workout before or after all the action. They open up bright and early for 6 AM classes, and their final class of the day starts at 8 PM.
15 SE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33131
You can almost see Downtown Strength and Conditioning from Bayfront Park, so it is just a quick walk to get over there for a workout.
They are offering special drop-in rates for WZA weekend:
- 3-day pass: $105
- 1-day pass: $35
- All passes include a limited edition DTSC WZA T-shirt
- Special events include class takeovers by Mayhem, LSKD, R.A.D, MFLH, and Rx Smart Gear. They are also hosting a Sweat for a Cause OUT Foundation Takeover
19 SW 6th St, Miami, FL 33130
Move. Lift. Live is a short 20-minute walk from Bayfront Park and the only affiliate in the Brickell neighborhood of downtown Miami!
The affiliate is opening classes and extending open gym hours to all guests and visitors. Visitors can select one of the gym’s short-term class packs, which gets them universal access to any session or open gym.
You can message the gym for info on special rates if you have a big group or for competitors.
- Classes start as early as 5 AM on weekdays, with the gym closing at 9 PM, with big chunks of open gym time available
930 Alton Road Miami Beach, FL 33139
Reebok CrossFit Miami Beach is a world-class CrossFit box located in the heart of South Beach. They have a massive 6,800-square-foot indoor/outdoor facility, and you can book your drop-in here.
- There isn’t tons of parking, so grabbing an Uber or Lyft might be your best bet if you are heading over to train
- Have your own programming? No worries! Just book a station during open gym
- Open Gym Hours: M-F 10 AM – 12 PM, 1 PM – 4 PM
- One day drop-in fee is $35, and if you are looking for three or more sessions, they have discounted rates
The gym will also be hosting several special workshops over WZA weekend. Registration for events can be found at the link in their bio on IG @reebokcrossfitmiamibeach
- Friday, 1/12, 1 PM – 2:30 PM – Power Monkey Snatch Workshop with Mike Cerbus
- Friday, 1/12, 2:30 PM – 4PM – Power Monkey Muscle Up Workshop with Dave Durante
- Saturday, 1/13, 12 PM – 1:30 PM – Power Monkey Handstand Workshop with Dave Durante
- Sunday, 1/14, 7:30 AM – 9 AM – MFLH and Chris Harris Sunday 5k + Pump Session
If you are dropping in, remember to get to the gym about 15 minutes early so you can sign your waiver and meet the coach!