CrossFit For Health Summit Heads to Austin on February 3, Tickets Available Now
The first CrossFit For Health Summit, presented by GORUCK, is set to be held on February 3 at the Hotel Van Zandt in Austin, TX, and will bring together experts for an educational day of knowledge exchange.
- Although CrossFit has held health and fitness conferences before, this is the first CrossFit Summit of its kind, as it’s designed for athletes, coaches and gym owners and focuses on CrossFit as the creator of health, explained the Summit’s host and emcee Karen Thomson.
The details: There are three ways for coaches, gym owners, fitness enthusiasts and athletes to attend the Summit:
- They can purchase a VIP ticket for $750—which gives them access to a private room for personalized interactions, a BBQ lunch, and the opportunity to engage directly with the speakers, among other perks.
- A general admission ticket for $350.
- A live stream ticket for $89. (Morning Chalk Up Readers have been offered a 20 percent discount when they use the code ‘MCU20’ at checkout).
Attendees will receive six continued education credits (CEUs) and six continued medical education credits (CMEs), and will have the chance to listen to various speakers, including a line-up of doctors—Dr. Kwadwo Kyeremanteng, Dr. Gabrielle Lyon, Dr. Tom McCoy, Dr. Chris Palmer, Dr. Rhonda Patrick and Dr. Tommy Wood—who will speak about everything from the science about muscular development, to concepts around performance versus fitness, to the obesity crisis and “how CrossFit can save the world,” explained Thomson, who is also the founder RevitaFest.
- Other presenters include CrossFit’s Director of Training and Certification Nicole Carroll, CrossFit Invictus owner CJ Martin, OptimizeMe Nutrition founder EC Synkowski, Street Parking owner Miranda Alcaraz and CrossFit OG Annie Sakamoto.
- Further, CrossFit’s General Manager of Sport Dave Castro is hosting a workout for attendees the day before a conference, and GORUCK is hosting a ruck run for attendees the morning of the conference, and the day finishes with a cocktail party.
The big picture: The main goal of the Summit—aptly-named CrossFit For Health—is to unite CrossFit gym owners, trainers and athletes with world-renowned experts and show that “CrossFit is what creates health,” Thomson said.
“Anywhere. Any time. For anyone. The affiliates are at the core of this, and the speakers at the Summit will show the science behind that.”