Hunter McIntyre Officially Gets the Nod
After Greg Glassman basically agreed to extend the “blowhard card” invite during an interview with Armen Hammer, Hunter McIntyre received his official invite to compete at the 2019 CrossFit Games today.
- This is kinda historic: In the history of the CrossFit Games, a wildcard invite like this has never been issued before.
- Technically, there are still three more wildcard spots available but we’ve heard no additional information on how or if they will be used.
On the Twitters: @CrossFitGames: “Hunter, it’s put up or shut up time.”
What athletes are saying:
- Noah Ohlsen: “Pumped to compete with you, bro!”
- Jacob Heppner: “Congrats my man!”
- Sam Dancer: “I think he is very capable of finishing in the top 20. He will undoubtedly surprise a lot of people. Hunter is one of the fittest humans I have ever seen.”
- Chloe Gauvin-David: “Disappointing”
Some stats on McIntyre:
- 2x Tough Mudder X World Champion (2017 and 2018), where he beat Jacob Heppner, Dakota Rager, Patrick Vellner, Streat Hoerner and Jordan Troyan.
- 6x OCR World Champion.
- 4x OCR National Champion
- Undefeated Broken Skull Ranch champion 3 years running.
- “Hunter McIntyre Thinks He Deserves CrossFit Games Wildcard”
- “In Defense of the Wildcard” by Will Edmonds
- Hunter McIntyre and Brent Fikowski Debate the Wildcard
- “Hunter McIntyre: I’ve got the talent, strength and capacity” VIDEO