Holte Surgery Only Minor Games Season Setback
The reigning Second Fittest Woman on Earth announced on her Instagram page that she had surgery on her left wrist for carpal tunnel syndrome two weeks ago. She is currently rehabbing and is expected to be recovered in four weeks. The injury has been bothering and limiting her for over a year, including her podium performance at the 2019 CrossFit Games, and in the 2020 Open.
Holte took the time to talk to the Morning Chalk Up about her latest developments.
- How has the surgery changed your approach to the 2020 Games season: “It hasn’t changed much at all. I have plenty of time to get strong and fit for the Games in 2020. I truly believe that every injury or setback is a great opportunity to learn, grow and come back stronger and better than ever. So that is what I am going to do!”
- Do you plan on still competing at the Norwegian CrossFit Championship? If so at what capacity? “My plan was to compete on a team at Norwegian CrossFit Championship, but unfortunately due to my surgery I will not be able to compete this time. But, I will be there all weekend. I am very excited to get to watch some amazing athletes and I am excited for international athletes to get to see and experience the Norwegian Winter.”
- What events do you plan on competing in once you’re healthy to do so? “I will compete at Rogue and Lowlands Throwdown in May before the Games.”
This isn’t the first time Holte has had surgery on one of her wrists. In November 2016, Holte had the same surgery but on her right wrist. She recovered quickly and won the 2017 CrossFit Meridian Regional.
- Powering through the pain: Despite the pain and knowing she would need surgery, Holte still competed in the Open and finished third worldwide. She earned her invitation to the 2020 Games by repeating as the national champion of Norway.
- Holte is keeping busy: In her Instagram post she states while she rehabs her wrist, she is “biking, running and building super strong legs.”
Holte’s message to fans and supporters: “Thank you for all your love and support. I can not wait to meet a lot of you during the Sanctionals and the Games this year.”