Compete against Sigmundsdottir and Bosmans in the Partner Gauntlet at Reykjavik CrossFit Championship, Registration Now Open
Do you want to compete against Sara Sigmundsdottir and Carmen Bosmans? Well, the Reykjavik CrossFit Championship is offering that chance to fans and athletes at its Sanctional this year.
What is the Partner Gauntlet? A series of workouts in which fans, athletes and spectators can compete against other teams, including the team of Sigmundsdottir and Bosmans.
- On Friday, April 3, the organizers will open up the competition floor to teams that have registered for the event.
- Same-sex teams of two will compete in three workouts consecutively during a one-hour window between the elite competition events.
- The top five male and female teams will then advance to the Ragnar Gauntlet which will take place on Sunday, April 5.
- Teams that advance to the Ragnar Gauntlet will receive full access passes for Saturday and Sunday’s competition.
- The Ragnar Gauntlet on Sunday will be streamed live online and on Icelandic national TV.
- Scaled and RX divisions are available.
- There is a limited number of spots, and registration will close on March 31.
- More information on the Gauntlet and the Reykjavik CrossFit Championship are available on the event website.
Share the floor with two champions:
- Sigmundsdottir repeated as winner of the worldwide CrossFit Games Open and also repeated as the national champion of her native Iceland. The five-time Games athlete has competed in three Sanctionals this year, recording podium finishes at all of them.
- Bosmans competed in her first Games last season after finishing the 2019 Open as the national champion of Belgium. In her rookie season, the six-time Regional qualifier finished 44th at the 2019 Games.
The Reykjavik CrossFit Championship takes place April 3-5. The Morning Chalk Up will provide exclusive coverage and analysis for the Sanctional as part of our official media partnership.