Are you a die-hard CrossFit fan looking for a change of scenery?
Got a cool $41,400 burning a hole in your pocket? Well, then you’re in luck.
The office space that laid claim as CrossFit HQ for the larger part of a decade was recently listed as available for rent by the building’s owner, Robert Slawinski.
A piece of history: The 23,000 square foot office space in Scotts Valley, California, played home to CrossFit Inc. since the spring of 2011, and was the central working location for a company that saw exponential growth across the world as well as internally with the development of its own media team.
- Eight years and millions of minutes of live competition and media were produced, captured, and pumped out to the CrossFit world from the space, which includes the original set location of the CrossFit Games Update Show, which is now a break room.
- Multiple feature-length documentaries, four of which broke into the top 50 all-time bestsellers on iTunes, were produced there as well.
- It was home, figuratively and literally at times, to an HQ staff that helped grow the company and the sport from 3,000 affiliates in 2011 to over 15,000, and from 26,018 registered participants in the CrossFit Games Open to nearly half a million worldwide in 2018.
The times are changing: The listing represents one of the final few dominoes to fall in what’s been a massive change of direction for the company that included layoffs for a majority of their staff, and significant changes to the CrossFit Games season.
- Financially speaking, the move makes a ton of sense given the monthly price tag for rent, and the fact that the skeleton crew of staffers remaining simply don’t need that much space to operate.
- What’s not listed for rent, is the downstairs space CrossFit Inc. occupies, which includes the gym, and other spaces that are used for seminars, lectures, and at-home instructional content.
The listed space is still currently occupied by CrossFit, but whoever ends up renting the space will be getting a state of the art office after CrossFit Inc. completely remodeled the space during its tenure there.
The only drawback for the new tenants might be that the downstairs neighbors make a bit of noise.
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
CrossFit HQ teased thousands of garage-CrossFitters on Thursday March 26, revealing that an worldwide online…