Yesterday, June 25, Tabata Songs, a service that provides music specifically created for the TABATA training, released a video and community workout honoring the memory of George Floyd and all victims of racial violence on the one-month anniversary of Floyd’s murder.
- The video serves as inspiration for members of the fitness community to complete their own version of an 8:46 AMRAP and donate in support of BLM and the NAACP.
The details: While Tabata Songs normally encourages athletes to listen to their favorite music when working out, this video features five world-class athletes from around the United States working out in silence for eight minutes and 46 seconds. The athletes and movements included in the video are:
- Elijah Muhammad, CrossFit Games Athlete, snatches at 135 pounds.
- Breona Wallin, NBC’s Titan Games Athlete, burpees over the bar.
- Kelsey Kiel, CrossFit Games Athlete, bike erg calories.
- Mishka Murad, CrossFit Games Athlete, row erg calories.
- Ron Cooper, 24x World Record Breaker, plank hold.
How to participate: Choose a movement and complete as many reps as possible in eight minutes and 46 seconds in silence. If you share it on social media, use the hashtag #846AMRAP. Then, by clicking the blue “DONATE” button on the YouTube page, you can donate to the NAACP — an official partner of Black Lives Matter. The NAACP seeks structural changes to expand democracy, eliminate disparities, and achieve racial justice in a society that fulfills the promise of equality for all Americans.
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.