Master’s Fitness Collective Championship Looks to Finalize Roster With Online Qualifier
The organizers of the Master’s Fitness Collective Championship announced an online qualifier from July 2-9 for the remaining spots of their “Masters-only” competition. Qualifying spots remain open in all but four of the 14 divisions, however, backfills for the full divisions (women 40-44, women 50-54, men and women 65+) will be based on the online qualifier.
The details: The qualifier started on Thursday and concludes next Thursday, June 9 at 9:00 EST. Registration and score submission is hosted by Competition Corner.
- The qualifier consists of three events that will total four scores.
- A percentage of the $10.00 registration fee for the online qualifier will be donated to Steve’s Club National Program to help underserved youth have access to fitness, mentorship, leadership training, and a safe and healthy community.
- CJ Martin of Invictus Fitness has programmed the qualifier events. Martin is also programming for the live competition that will be held on August 20-23 in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Event 1: The opening event starts with an 8:00 clock and consists of two scored parts. The first part is a couplet of 21 power cleans, 18 burpee box jumps, then 15 power cleans and burpee box jumps and concludes with 9 power cleans and 12 burpee box jumps. With the remaining time left on the clock athletes will complete an AMRAP of bar muscle-ups for their second score.
- Event 2: The second event is a test of strength as athletes must find a two-rep max thruster weight.
- Event 3: The final event of the qualifier is a grinding triplet featuring double unders, toes-to-bar and squat snatches. With a 12:00 minute cap, athletes must complete two rounds of 60 double unders, 20 T2Bs and 10 squat snatches, each round the snatches get heavier. The third and final round again consists of 60 double unders and 20 T2Bs but the snatches turn into an AMRAP till the 12:00 time cap is reached.