Masters Fitness Collective Championship Gains Big Name Support, Sponsors and Donors
“It takes a village” is a phrase often used to describe how it takes an entire community of people to assist and raise a child. That phrase is also appropriate when it comes to the growth of the Masters Fitness Collective Championship. The organizers have assembled brands and sponsors that have become staples of the CrossFit community for their event in Fort Wayne, IN on August 20-23.
One big thing: The collection of brands and sponsors who have been announced as partners for the competition include CrossFit staples Rogue, RX Smart Gear, NOBULL, Born Primitive, Rock Tape, Hyperice, Bear Komplex, Kill Cliff, and GORUCK.
- Rogue is the competition’s official equipment supplier providing everything the athletes will need on the competition floor.
- Loud & Live Sports will be providing the actual competition flooring for the event.
- RX Smart Gear made a $5,000 donation to the prize purse and will also be providing Drag Ropes which will be used by the athletes in one of the scheduled events.
- Rock Tape will provide staff for Athlete Services.
- Hyperice is providing products for the podium finishers and also equipment for the athlete recovery area.
- Born Primitive will give the division winners gift cards.
- Bear Komplex will provide bags and cash for podium finishers.
- Kill Cliff donated $1,000 and products for the athletes.
- Paragon has donated $2,000.
- NOBULL will provide gift bags which will include shoes and shirts for the top-two finishers in each division.
- Crossover Symmetry will give division champions a shoulder system.
- GORUCK will have bags for the athletes.
- Hi-Temp Weights will provide over a ton of bumper plates for the athlete warm-up area.
- PerformaSleep is donating a king-size mattress that will be raffled off at the event.
- Affiliate Guard is covering the insurance cost for the event.
- BSN Sports will be providing the athletes with swim gear for the swimming event.
- Local businesses in the Fort Wayne area have donated over $30,000 towards the event.
- A title sponsor will be announced soon.
The bottom line: After the cancellation of the Masters division for the 2020 CrossFit Games, the Masters Fitness Collective Championship has seen itself grow from a competitive alternative into something that can stand-alone as a premiere Masters-only competition. This is made possible in large part to a community of sponsors and brands who have been willing to partner with the competition to make sure that the event continues to grow.
- “Helping other events be successful is very important to us,” said Matt O’Keefe, President of Loud & Live Sports. “The community success or failure is collective. We all have a lot of work to do to properly steward this sport and space forward. It’s important that we all continue to work together and we welcome the opportunity to help anyone succeed. We were excited when Bobby from the Masters Fitness Collective called to ask where we could help. This event is going to be spectacular.”
- “The CrossFit community is amazing, and this is just another example of the community coming together to support each other,” said competition director Bobby Petras. “We want to make the Masters Athletes a highlight and not a side show!”