The Give Program Launches New Fundraiser, Continues Providing Financial Relief To Gyms In Need
Last week, The Give Program, a nonprofit food delivery service created to aid those in the fitness industry who are struggling financially due to the COVID-19 pandemic, launched a new initiative, GIVE Plenty in 2020: NY Fitness Relief Fund. By the end of the year, the organization is looking to raise $75,000 to continue their work supporting New York City and Long Island trainers and gyms.
The details: The Give Program was created by two New York City-based gyms, CrossFit Queens and FlexFiit NYC. Closed due to the city’s stay-at-home order in March, coaches at both facilities wanted to find a way to continue supporting their community.
- The program, modeled similarly to the popular food subscription service ButcherBox, donates 100% of its proceeds back into the fitness industry.
- To date, the organization has donated over 2,000 of its protein-packed subscription boxes and helped more than 3,000 local trainers.
- This initiative played a role in helping gyms to keep their staff employed during the pandemic.
One big thing: To date, The Give Program has raised over $150,000 to help members of the industry in need and neutralize the effects of the pandemic.
How it works: Give Box subscribers receive packages packed with two to four weeks worth of quality protein — sourced from “partners who uphold conscientious quality and sustainability standards” — vacuum sealed, frozen, and delivered contactless. The five box choices are filled with a variety of meats, with plant-based options coming soon.
- Boxes run for $99 and can be purchased, for personal delivery or direct donation, online. Subscriptions are available at a 10% discount.
- Gyms and trainers can benefit directly from sales through the organization’s Ambassador and Gym Affiliate programs. A special code connected to their affiliate or ambassador, used when ordering, funnels 20-25% of proceeds straight to the person or gym.
- Currently, Give Boxes can be delivered in New York, Long Island, and Connecticut.
The bottom line: According to the organization, over 38,000 fitness facilities in the U.S. have shut down since the pandemic hit; 70% of those gyms don’t expect to return to normal until next year. With New York on the verge of another lockdown, The Give Program is working hard to support their local fitness community and is asking for donations through the GIVE Plenty initiative to help offset 50% of their costs, which will allow them to continue this work.