Pennsylvania Gym Owner Arrested, Loses CrossFit Affiliation After Storming US Capitol
The owner of CrossFit Sine Pari, Dawn Bancroft, was arrested Friday after a federal warrant was issued for her arrest for her involvement in storming the U.S. Capitol building on January 6, 2021. Bancroft, who entered the building through a broken window, is being charged with “knowingly entering the Capitol grounds and violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds” according to The Intelligencer, a local Southeast Pennsylvania newspaper that covers the Doylestown community her gym is located in.
- 5:41 PM PT UPDATE: You can read the official United States District Court charges and documents here.
State of play: After learning of the arrest, CrossFit LLC reached out to Bancroft who didn’t deny the allegations. As a result, CrossFit terminated her affiliation.
- Andrew Weinstein, CrossFit’s Director of Communications: “The recent attack on the US Capitol was abhorrent and indefensible. We gave Ms. Bancroft an opportunity to respond to the allegations about her involvement, and she did not contest them or deny her participation, so we have terminated her affiliate relationship with CrossFit.”
- Neither Bancroft nor CrossFit Sine Pari has issued any kind of statement at this time. Both Sine Pari’s Instagram and Facebook have been taken down.
Why she was arrested: On or around January 12, The FBI received a video of Bancroft inside the Capitol building, which she admitted to entering via a broken window, according to court records. She is being charged with violating three separate criminal codes: knowingly entering any restricted building without lawful authority, engaging in disorderly or disruptive conduct in any restricted building or grounds, and violent enter and disorderly conduct on Capitol Grounds.
- “BANCROFT said that she and SANTOS-SMITH then saw a window to the Capitol Building which had been broken and they witnessed people entering the Capitol Building. BANCROFT stated that they followed and entered the Capitol Building through this broken window at approximately 3 p.m
- Bancroft in the video: “We broke into the Capitol…we got inside, we did our part. We were looking for Nancy to shoot her in the friggin’ brain but we didn’t find her.”