Rich Froning Teams Up with InsideTracker to “Create Ultimate Blood-Based Action Plan for Strength, Recovery, Resilience”
Last Tuesday, InsideTracker announced their collaboration with four-time CrossFit Games champion Rich Froning to create the Limited Edition InsideTracker x Rich Froning Panel.
Remind me: InsideTracker was founded in 2009 by scientists from MIT, Tufts and Harvard Universities, who study aging, genetics and biometric data. The company specializes in collecting data from the blood, DNA, and lifestyle and fitness trackers to help people optimize health and wellness through their science-backed action plans.
The details: Rich Froning provided his insights to InsideTracker about which blood biomarkers matter most to him to improve performance, which InsideTracker used to create the InsideTracker x Rich Froning Panel.
- The panel allows athletes to test up to 33 blood biomarkers, including testosterone, cortisol, creatine kinase — a marker of physical stress and muscle breakdown and fasting blood glucose — a marker of how efficiently the body processes glucose.
- How it works: You can buy the Inside Tracker x Rich Froning Panel now for $259. From there, you head to a local lab to have your blood drawn. Then, based on your results, you receive a personalized action plan from InsideTracker, including nutrition and activity suggestions, to improve your biomarkers.
- “This means customers don’t just get an inside look at health and wellness, they get a simple-to-follow, daily plan delivered right to their mobile device, including tips for nutrition, activity and recovery, hyper-customized to their own biomarkers and daily activity as tracked by their Garmin or Fitbit device,” said InsideTracker’s June 15 press release.
What Froning’s Saying: “I am constantly pushing my body to its limit while walking the fine line between improvement and overtraining that gets even more narrow as we age,” Froning said.
- He added: “With the team at InsideTracker, we created the ultimate panel of the exact blood biomarkers that matter most to me.”
One big thing: CrossFit CEO Eric Roza is both a client and an investor in InsideTracker.
- In their press release, Roza stated: “When I was introduced to InsideTracker, I immediately saw its value and the potential to optimize my health using the latest science in bloodwork and genomics, which are the foundations of the new wave in precision medicine.”