Heading Towards Mayhem, the Gap Widens In Team Division
Day three was moving day for many teams towards the top of the leaderboard, as several made moves to attempt to dethrone Mayhem from their first place position on the leaderboard.
One big thing: While Mayhem remained the one constant on the leaderboard, the rest of the teams were shuffled around throughout the course of day three of the team competition.
- While Plus-64 CrossFit, Nordic CrossFit, and CrossFit Urban Energy have all dropped out of the top three, CrossFit Oslo and CrossFit Surbiton have both made moves to try to put themselves into podium contention going into the final day.
Mayhem’s gap grows wider: After two days of competition, Mayhem held a 123 point lead over their closest competitors.
- After day three, Mayhem grew that gap to 174 points ahead of CrossFit Oslo, who currently sits in second place overall.
- However, while day three widened the gap for them, their third day was perhaps their least dominant on the field.
- At the conclusion of day three, Mayhem failed to win any event outright. The closest they came today was tying CrossFit Invictus in the three-rep max back squat.
The fight for the podium: While Mayhem has clearly locked themselves solidly into first place going into the final day of competition, the race still remains for the final podium positions.
- Currently, Plus64 CrossFit sits 22 points out of a podium position. Despite their tough day today with two finishes well outside the top ten, they still could make moves in the final day to bring themselves back.
- While CrossFit Oslo currently has a lead over CrossFit Surbiton of 48 points, they can’t get too comfortable, as we saw in the leaderboard shakeup that happened today.
- Based on the amount of shuffling the leaderboard has undergone, fans also can’t count out CrossFit Genas or CrossFit Pro-1, who currently sit in fifth and sixth respectively.