2022 CrossFit Open Workouts Finalized, “Will be Very Painful” Castro Promises
Over the weekend, CrossFit announced that the tests for the 2022 CrossFit Open are now complete and ready to go. The Open kicks off February 24 with a total of three or four workouts over the three weeks.
One big thing: Open workouts will now be released at 12:00 PM PT, a full five hours earlier than in previous years, which will give international athletes and affiliates the convenience of seeing the workout before heading to bed.
- 12:00 PM PT is 8:00 PM in England, rather than the 1:00 AM that workouts were previously released.
What they said: “The workouts for the Open this year are going to be something special. I think they’re going to be tests everybody enjoys and the reason why we’ll enjoy them as a community, is because they’re going to test you and push you further than I think we’ve pushed and tested people in the Open in the past.”
- “They will be very painful, and there might even be a new element or two in one or two or tests.”
- “The 2022 Open, it’s ready to go. I hope everyone out there is ready to go cause this one is going to be stiff yet rewarding once you’re done with the three weeks.”
For what it’s worth, we’ve charted every movement that’s been programmed in the CrossFit Open.
- Only three movements have been programmed in every Open: toes-to-bar, double-under, and thrusters.
Key Open dates: For a complete season schedule, use our calendar.
- January 13, 2022 — Open registration begins
- February 24-28 — Open Week 1
- March 3-7 — Open Week 2
- March 10-14 — Open Week 3
- 5 Things to Start Doing Right Now to Prepare for The Open
- Performance Trends Within Masters Divisions: What It’ll Take to Qualify
- The 2022 CrossFit Games Rulebook Has Arrived, Here’s What Is New And Noteworthy
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields