Therabody Launches “In Store Relaxation Experiences” Tailored for Recovery
Therabody has branched out in a significant way. The company focused on easing pain in muscles and optimizing human performance has announced the upcoming opening of five Reset locations, as well as six standalone retail locations.
One big thing: Therabody made waves in 2019 with the first Reset, a 15-minute in-store relaxation experience based in Los Angeles. Now there will be several standalone locations offering a variety of treatments designed to be affordable for everyday athletes.
- The Reset locations offer sessions lasting between 30 to 60 minutes. Monthly memberships range from $150 to $500, but there are standalone options available starting at $35 per session.
- There are two current Reset locations open to the public. One is in Brentwood, CA, and the other is in Philadelphia, PA.
- Reset locations feature associates that all have an exercise science background or are licensed massage therapists. A medical director also oversees the nursing team and all medical protocols.
A wide range of choices: The customers can adjust their treatments based on their desired outcome. Some provide them with an energized feeling for upcoming physical activity while others help them feel revived after difficult workouts. A third option helps the customers feel soothed and ready for sleep.
- The majority of sessions have an emphasis on full-body Theragun massage and stretch, RecoveryAir pneumatic compression, PowerDot electrical stimulation, sound therapy, and IV hydration.
- Therabody pairs its technology with some from third parties. The list includes cryotherapy, light therapy, pulsed electro-magnetic field technology, and hyperbaric chambers.
The Reset locations: Brentwood (Los Angeles), Manhattan Village (Los Angeles), Manhattan West (New York City), Old Orchard (Chicago), and Galleria (Houston).
The retail locations: The Westchester (White Plains, NY), The Forum Shops at Caesars (Las Vegas), Santa Monica (Los Angeles), Brea (Los Angeles), Stanford (Palo Alto, CA), and Somerset Mall (Troy, MI).
Therabody CEO Benjamin Nazarian: “Reset reflects our vision to empower people around the world to live healthier lives. Everything we do in life is a stressor, from sitting on video conferences all day to managing hectic schedules to completing a half marathon, our solutions help you reset your mind and body.”
Only the first step: The five Reset locations and six retail locations are only one step in the journey for Therabody. The company has even bigger expansion plans. The goal is to have 22 physical locations open by July 22, along with several more later in the year.
Bottom line: Therabody has become an essential partner for athletes since the Theragun G1 first hit the market in 2016. The company has since expanded with a wide range of products, but not every customer has the available finances or space for the assortment of rollers, Theraguns, JetBoots and PowerDot packs. The multiple Reset locations remove many major hurdles and provide treatment options for the everyday athletes trying to keep at the top of their game.