GOWOD Offers Fans the Chance to Learn from Mat Fraser, Other CrossFit Celebrities in Madison
For the second year in a row, GOWOD—the popular mobility app that offers tailor-made programming to each user and has been endorsed by many Games athletes, including Justin Medeiros and Brooke Wells—is going to be present next week in Madison, WI, in a big way.
GOWOD is taking over CrossFit Big Dane again and will be offering various opportunities for fans to learn from and hang out with various elite CrossFit coaches and celebrities.
The details: The festivities begin on Monday, August 1, run throughout the entire week of the Games, and are entirely free.
- During the course of the week, five-time CrossFit Games champion Mat Fraser and his team at HWPO Training will be offering 13 workouts to fans, while nine-time Games competitor Scott Panchik will be offering two.
- Highly-esteemed coaches, including aerobic capacity coach Chris Hinshaw and John Singleton—elite CrossFit coach and the founder of the Progrm—will also be offering classes at specific times during the Games week, as well as Strongman Rob Kearney – the Lb for Lb Strongest Man.
- Further, CrossFit celebrities, filmmakers Heber Cannon and Marston Sawyers—The Buttery Bros—will be hosting a pancake breakfast.
- Other partners this year include British weightlifting champion Craig Richey, WIT, The Phoenix, and NOBULL, among others.
- The full schedule is available on the GOWOD website and Instagram.
The big picture: The decision to return to CrossFit Big Dane was a no-brainer, explained GOWOD’s Chief Executive Officer Thibaud Saline, as last year was a huge success, with more than 1,500 people attending various events throughout the week.
- When asked why GOWOD goes to such great lengths to provide an experience for fans in Madison, Thibaud Saline explained it’s what the company is all about. “Everything we do is about the CrossFit community. This is why we created GOWOD: to help them move better, perform better and stay injury-free. It was an easy decision for us to take over CrossFit Big Dane again and provide the opportunity to push ourselves together and have fun in Madison,” he said.
- Thibaud Saline added: “We wouldn’t be there as the official Mobility Partner of the NOBULL CrossFit Games without this incredible community, the CrossFit affiliates and coaches, it’s that simple. It’s for once, the opportunity to give back and provide an amazing experience.”
- Their ultimate goal is simple for next week: “Become the best place to be outside of the Games venue.”
To register, simply book a time for a free drop-in here. Registration opens Wednesday, July 27 at 3 p.m. ET.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields