Five Last Minute Tips to Crush the 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Open
The 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Open is here, and now the masses are gearing up for 23.1. We don’t know yet what mastermind Adrian Bozman has cooked up, but we will get our answer today at noon PT, however until then here’s some last minute tips from none other than CrossFit Invictus Boston coach Bern Prince, who is also the CFO of Freedom Family Future and the creator of The Invictus Boston Invitational.
Remind me: The CrossFit Open will be dropping a workout (or maybe more) every Thursday for the next three weeks as we kick off the 2023 season and the road to the 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Games for the elites, and personal glory for everyone else. From Prince:
- “Trust your training. Have faith that the extra mobility work, conditioning pieces, the things that you have learned have all paid off. Every single CrossFit WOD you have ever done has a sticking point, a moment that takes you to that ‘dark place’ where you contemplate quitting. Don’t quit.”
- “Give an all out effort the first time you do the workout. It has been a long standing tradition for people to do the Open WODs twice. That’s fine and depending on if it means making a Quarterfinal cut or not please redo but leaving it all out on the floor the first time usually leads to some outstanding results.”
- “Do the WODs with a group. It is way more fun to workout with other people. Even if your schedule doesn’t align with your local box Friday Night Light Tradition then make some time with friends, training partners, or jump in a class. The magic is in the community and the stories told won’t be about the score on the paper but of the shared suffering and how proud you were of each other, that you made it through the other side.”
- “The proper sleep, nutrition, and hydration is always important. This rings true during the Open even more as there is a heightened level of stress around the workouts. Control all the things you can because we all know you can’t control what’s announced as a WOD.”
- “No matter what happens, know you are cool. Give every workout your best and whatever happens happens. When you walk through the doors of the box, the goal has always been to be the best version of yourself. You are doing that by being a CrossFit athlete. The score at the end does not define you.”
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields