Lifting Culture Apparel Fundraising for Earthquake Efforts in Turkey and Syria
On Monday, the death toll from last week’s devastating earthquake in Turkey and Syria hit 34,000, compelling Lifting Culture Apparel to make an effort to help out.
They quickly created United as One Project and designed t-shirts and tanks “to raise as much money as we can,” for the earthquake efforts, explained founder Steven Vitale.
The details: Order a United as One Project t-shirt or tank, and 100 percent of the profits will be donated equally to two charities: UNICEF USA and The White Helmets.
- UNICEF USA is currently providing shelter, food, water, sanitation, and warm clothes to children affected by the earthquakes, while The White Helmets are volunteers working on the ground with first responders searching for survivors and pulling the dead from collapsed buildings.
- Pre-orders have begun and run until February 17. Shirts will be shipped on or before March 3.
The big picture: This isn’t the first time the apparel company has gone out of their way to raise money for a good cause.
- In 2020, they raised $7,250 in t-shirt sales for the Black Lives Matter movement, which at the time was their seventh fundraising effort in the last five years.
- In fact, it’s something that has always been part of Vitale’s mission since he started the company in 2015. “Lifting Culture started with the premise to uphold and give back to our culture of fitness. As we grew as a company we realized we could utilize our platform as a way to extend our interests past the world of fitness,” he said.
- Today, the apparel company has raised and donated more than $27,000 through their various donation projects—from the war on Ukraine, to the Australian bushfires, to the Bahamas and Puerto Rico hurricane relief to down syndrome awareness—over the years.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields