GOWOD Gears Up For Another Year in Madison, Offering Fans Access to Big Names in The Sport
The well-known mobility app, GOWOD, will make its third appearance at the 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Games this year, bringing with it many opportunities for fans to meet and learn from CrossFit celebrities like Mat Fraser and Chris Hinshaw.
GOWOD is known for its personalized mobility programming and has been endorsed by many of the elite athletes in the sport, such as Justin Medeiros, Brooke Wells, and Scott Panchik. The company will be taking over CrossFit Big Dane for the entire week starting Monday, August 31 through Monday, August 7, and are entirely free.
The details: GOWOD will be offering a range of classes throughout the week at CrossFit BIg Dane, which is located just about 8 minutes from the Alliant Energy Center.
- During the course of the week, five-time CrossFit Games champion Mat Fraser and his team at HWPO Training will be offering 13 workouts to fans.
- Highly-esteemed coaches, including Chris Hinshaw, John Singleton, Max El-Hag, Justin Cotler, Matt Torres, will also be offering classes at specific times during the Games week, as well as Strongman Rob Kearney – the Lb for Lb Strongest Man.
- Further, CrossFit celebrities, filmmakers Heber Cannon and Marston Sawyers—The Buttery Bros—will be hosting a special workout on Wednesday afternoon. Craig Richey & Zack Telander will do a LIFT OFF in front of the community.
- Other partners this year include NOBULL, LSKD, GORUCK, ICE BARREL, Podium, and RX Smart Gear, among others.
The full schedule is available on the GOWOD website and Instagram.
The big picture: “It’s now become our thing to takeover CrossFit Big Dane every year to provide an amazing experience to our community, explained GOWOD’s CEO Thibaud Saline, as last year was a huge success, with more than 2,000 people attending various events throughout the week.
- When asked why GOWOD goes to such great lengths to provide an experience for fans in Madison, Thibaud Saline explained it’s what the company is all about. “Everything we do is about the CrossFit community. This is why GOWOD has been created: to help them move better, recover faster and stay injury-free. It was an obvious decision for us to take over CrossFit Big Dane again and provide the opportunity to train together and have fun in Madison,” he said.
- Thibaud Saline added: “GOWOD counts now 1.2M members worldwide, and this would have been impossible without this incredible community, as well as CrossFit affiliate owners and coaches. For us it’s an opportunity to give back and provide an amazing experience to our community.”
- Their ultimate goal is simple for next week: “Become the place to be outside of the Allianz Arena.”
To register, simply book a time for a free drop-in here. Registration opens Monday, July 24 at 12 p.m. ET.