Mayhem Nation Goes All Out for Fans in Madison
With 74 athletes competing, the Mayhem family is representing in a huge way this year in Madison. In support of those athletes, $30,000 was raised by selling Mayhem 23 Jerseys, that could be customized with athletes’ names. But Mayhem isn’t built solely around elite competitors. It’s built around the everyday athlete. The athlete that supports the CrossFit community, their local affiliate and everywhere in between.
One opportunity to give back to that community and unite in one common location, is via the Mayhem Athlete Campground. Jake Lockert, director for online programming for CrossFit Mayhem shares his enthusiasm about the week ahead in Madison.
- “We are pumped to be able to do something that aligns so well with our mission: Community-Driven Fitness for ALL. Come see us all week at the Games to see what Mayhem is all about,” said Lockert.
Some background: Owned and run by Champion athlete and CrossFit icon Rich Froning, CrossFit Mayhem has been changing lives through CrossFit for over 13 years. They have done this through community focused fitness for all levels. This includes their CrossFit Kids program, Life Class, which focuses on “maintaining strength and independence through functional movements at relative intensity,” shared Froning.
- “Our goal at the 2023 CrossFit Games is to do the exact same thing for the community beyond Cookeville. Our team has put a ton of thought and hard work into creating a unique experience that transforms the campgrounds into the full Mayhem Experience. We’re really excited to share,” said Froning.
The details: Froning will be making appearances at the Mayhem Nation booth in vendor village, as well as the Rogue store on partner row. Times will be confirmed on https://www.mayheminmadison.com/ and on their Instagram account.
GORUCK and Mayhem will be collaborating to release the Allegiance Flag Pack, which features a commemorative patch inside, hand signed by Froning. The first 50 people to buy the pack onsite will have the opportunity to participate in an exclusive ruck workout with Froning on Friday morning, and spend time in the lounge afterwards. Packs go on sale Tuesday.
Two special events are slated to go down, which will be very limited access, half giveaway, half meet and greet. Those who want to participate will need to sign a waiver, and then will have the opportunity to opt in to the “Surf with Rich and Centurion” and “Ride with Rich and Specialized.
- Surfing: Winners will be selected on Wednesday night, and on Thursday they will meet Froning for some sun and surf on a Centurion boat. Times will be posted on https://www.mayheminmadison.com/.
- Biking: Exactly one week after the CrossFit Games, Froning will take on Leadville 100, one of the most challenging and prestigious mountain biking races in the world, held in Leadville, Colorado. Winners will be fitted for a Specialized demo bike, and then will be able to join Froning for a predetermined one-hour lap, accompanying him as he squeezes in some last minute training. Times for this will also be posted on https://www.mayheminmadison.com/.
Mayhem VIPs: There will be a slew of discounts for those with VIP wristbands, which you can get for FREE with a new or existing Mayhem Athlete account, including $500 off a Plunge ice bath, 20% off anything in the Mayhem Nation booth, including Froning Farms and Buffalo Brew products, 25% off Airwaav products at their store, 15% off GORUCK at their booth, free Kona Ice, and discounted food available for purchase from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Mayhem Athlete Lounge, where nightly podcasts will be held, after the close of competition. Keep reading to find out how to get your Mayhem VIP wristband.
For those wanting a workout, the onsite gym will be running from 8:00 am until 6:00 pm from Tuesday through Saturday, including clinics with Sage Burgener Wednesday through Saturday, and Pamela Gagnon Thursday and Saturday. There will be limited spots available and time windows, so make sure to check the website ahead of time.
How to get your Mayhem Athlete Campground VIP Wristband in Madison:
- Go to the Mayhem Nation Booth (Booth #129-134) OR THE MAYHEM ATHLETE LOUNGE – bring your phone!
- Mayhem Athletes: Scan the waiver QR code and complete the form. Once completed, SHOW (1) YOUR WAIVER AND (2) YOUR MAYHEM ATHLETE PROFILE IN SUGARWOD THE MAYHEM TEAM MEMBER TO GET your VIP wristband.
- Not a Mayhem Athlete yet? Head to the booth, scan the free trial QR code and sign up for a 30-day FREE trial of Mayhem Athlete. Your sign up will also include a waiver. Once completed, SHOW THEM TO THE MAYHEM ATHLETE TEAM MEMBER TO GET your VIP wristband.
If you’re at home wishing you were in Madison, you can still take advantage of the 30-day FREE trial of Mayhem Athlete. Use code “GAMES23” to redeem online!
The big picture: There is no doubt that in the world of fitness, Mayhem has become synonymous with high-level competition, elite athletes and champion performances. But in a huge effort to celebrate the greater community, the Mayhem activations this year at the Games will be providing countless opportunities for spectators to enjoy themselves, sweat, connect and unite.