Team Podium Nearly Locked Heading Into the Final Event
With just one event remaining in the team competition at the CrossFit Games, the top three podium slots are nearly locked in.
Most notably in first sits CrossFit Invictus with 931 points and a 76-point lead over East Nashville PRVN.
- Even if CrossFit East Nashville PRVN earns a first-place finish in the final workout, CrossFit Invictus would need to take 17th or worse to lose their position atop the podium.
- A 17th-place finish would also happen to be their worst finish of the weekend, as Invictus has only finished one event outside the top five and taken home three event wins this weekend.
While Invictus might have a stronghold on the first place spot, the primary battle will be between CrossFit East Nashville PRVN and CrossFit Oslo Navy Blue.
- Currently, just three points separate the two teams, meaning that who gets second and third place really will come down to the final event.
For the rest of the field, it seems like the podium might be just out of reach at this point.
- For fourth place team CrossFit Move Fast Lift Heavy 247 to snag the third place position from CrossFit Oslo Navy Blue, they would need to make up 90 points.
- This means that even if CrossFit Move Fast Lift Heavy takes a first-place finish in the final event, they would need CrossFit Oslo Navy Blue to finish in 19th or 20th place (close to or dead last) in order for them to make up the point spread.
- Even if CrossFit Oslo Navy Blue finished 19th, they would still be tied for points with CrossFit Move Fast Lift Heavy and the tiebreak would go to CrossFit Oslo Navy Blue, who has had two event wins over the weekend (CrossFit Move Fast Lift Heavy has had none).