Spectator’s Guide to 2024 TYR Wodapalooza
It is time again for the biggest fitness festival in South Florida: TYR Wodapalooza!
Thousands of people are descending upon Miami to compete, spectate, and volunteer from January 11-14.
There’s plenty happening in and around Bayfront Park, and we have you covered on how to best take it all in. With three competition floors (Flagler, Bayside, and Tina Hills), a food court and viewing garden, a podcast stage, a VIP beach, and vendor village, spectators will never get bored.
Made it down to Miami? Make sure to check out:
Pro tip: Download the official TYR WZA 2023 app, which makes it easy to stay updated with heat times, sign up for spectator experiences, and buy tickets.
- Remember, parking is minimal at Bayfront Park, so Uber or Lyft will be your best bet if heading to the venue.
And best of all, Thursday is FREE admission!
Can’t make it to Miami but don’t want to miss the action? No worries! Check out our How to Watch guide for streaming links and info.
Here are some of the events to make note of as you head into the weekend:
The party doesn’t end when you leave Bayfront. Head across the street to check out downtown Miami’s newly expanded TYR WZA experience.
Sticking to their roots of fitness, community, and life, WZA found ways to invite more people to experience the power of celebration this year. Check out what they put together:
- The TYR WZA Gauntlet
- The WZA Miami’s OG on-site competition for individuals. There are multiple workouts, and you can register here.
- MIA Classic
- Come and check out the most established Olympic lifting event in the south. Watch lifters hit PRs and learn from the top voices in the weightlifting community.
- Battle Cancer
- It’s the ultimate fitness fundraising event as Battle Cancer heads to WZA.
- Choose your division and help unite the community to better the lives of those with cancer.
- Take on 20,000 reps across five fitness stations over 90 minutes, all to support a cancer charity of your choosing.
- There will also be Pickleball and a Ninja Course to test your skills.
- Seminar Stage
- The stage will be home to live podcasts and interviews with some of the best people in fitness.
WZA Affiliate Owner Workout
Are you an affiliate owner? Head over to CrossFit Wynwood to participate in a workout and an affiliate Q&A session.
- Saturday, 1/13, from 7-8 AM at CrossFit Wynwood.
- CrossFit HQ Q and A follows the workout from 8-9 AM.
Class Takeover at Downtown Strength and Conditioning
- Thursday, 1/11, at 9 AM and Friday, 1/12, at 10 AM.
- Make sure to RSVP here to grab your spot.
Grab some breakfast!
- Cafe Bastille is a local favorite for brekkie and is close to Bayfront Park.
- They are featuring a special inspired by Brooke Wells and Amanda Barnhart, as well as Podium protein shakes.
- The crew will be there starting at 8 AM every day during WZA.
HWPO is also hosting workouts in the Spectator Workout Area at Bayfront
- Friday, 1/12 at 2 PM
- Sunday 1/14 at 12 PM
Looking for more than fitness around town?
- It’s an immersive social and panel discussion event on Thursday, January 11th, at 8 PM at Peak 360, organized by Guido Trinidad.
- Rising Tides aims to create a platform where attendees can gain invaluable insights, draw inspiration, and cultivate personal and collective growth.
- This event seeks to elevate individual and collective value, influence, and impact within Miami’s health and fitness community through panel discussions.
- If you are interested in attending, make sure to RSVP here!
247 by Represent will also have a big presence in Miami and have tons of events scheduled in and around the venue!
- Meet & greet at the 247 by Represent booth in the vendor village with HYROX World Champion Hunter McIntyre, 247 by Represent founder George Heaton, and other Represent athletes.
- Where: 247 by Represent booth
- Time: 2-3 PM
- Workout with George Heaton, Hunter McIntyre and Josh Al-Chamaa at CrossFit Downtown Miami followed by an athlete head-to-head exhibition workout for all to enjoy (9 AM start).
- Where: CrossFit Downtown Miami
- Time: 8-9:30 AM
- Community class with pliability
- Where: Community Workout Area
- Time: 1-2 PM
Sunday 1/14:247 Run Club – A community-run club in the morning, the 5K running route will take everyone through the key Miami landmarks around the WZA! The event starts at 8 AM.