? Sammy, What You Got on Your Feet Over There?
Sammy Moniz — Mathew Fraser’s better half — served up a platter of brisket Monday morning, but in the photo she traded in her usual tan slippers for a pair of Nike Metcons no one had ever seen before.
The shoe is the new Mathew Fraser signature Metcon 5, a very tightly held secret until Nike Korea jumped the gun and posted it to their site late Sunday evening. The post has now been taken down but not before As Many Reviews As Possible snagged a couple of product shots.
The details: The Nike Metcon 5 Mathew Fraser signature edition is Nike’s second signature show for the three time champ. They have been working on these shoes since Fraser notched his third straight win last August.
- The heel features three circles, one for each championship.
- The red blotch that forms into a solid red line symbolizes the transformation through training to becoming a more complete athlete.
- The bull horns on the shoe box were inspired by the chorus in Kip Moore’s The Bull: “Most of all, most of all / Thanks to the bulls that bucked me off.” The bull in Moore’s song is a metaphor for life, adversity and failures you learn from.
- Fraser signature is on the see-through bottoms.
- Hyperlift inserts add heel lift for mobility.
How to get yourself a pair: That’s the number one question on people’s minds right now. But, if we were you, we’d turn on notifications for Fraser’s Instagram. As it’s his shoe, the news will likely drop right from the source.