The classic Dave Castro palace intrigue was back in full force Tuesday night at the Edgewater Hotel, as more than 300 individual athletes gathered for the much anticipated athlete dinner and hopeful reveal of any workout details.
“Event 1 is…going to be announced at a later date,” Castro teased on stage.
Fans tuning in on Instagram reminisced about the Games director spectators have been accustomed to seeing at big announcements like this.
- Adrian Conway: “Ahhhh I missed you @thedavecastro.”
- WODprep: “Oh how I’ve missed TDC.”
- Theamppodcast: “Oh how we’ve missed these antics. The plot thickens.”
- Qunxian: “I miss his announcements. They’re the best.”
We’re now 36 hours from the Event 1 that will cut the entire field in half and zero workout details have been released so far.
- CrossFit released several age group workouts today, but these events usually don’t share a lot of similarities to individual events. Here they are.
- Event 1: Individual Competition starts at 10:30 AM.
- The men’s and women’s field will be cut to 75 athletes after event 1.
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
Director of the CrossFit Games, Dave Castro, recently joined the Masters Fitness Collective podcast to discuss a…