Katrin Davidsdottir continues to make the most of 2019, as the two-time CrossFit Games champion has been selected to be a speaker at the 10th edition of the prestigious ESPN W Women + Sports Summit on October 21-23, in Newport Beach, CA.
- Davidsdottir is set to speak on day 1, Monday, October 21, at 4:30 PM PT, as part of the “espnW World Class Athlete Panel.” She’ll be joined on the panel by current WWE Raw Women’s Champion and WWE Superstar Becky Lynch, and Professional Tennis player and reigning Olympic gold medalist Monica Puig.
- P.S…The 2019-2020 CrossFit Open week 2 workout is due at 5:00 PM PT.
Why this matters: While the recognition is a fantastic thing for Davidsdottir individually, it also represents a major step forward in the recognition of the CrossFit Games as a sport and the accomplishments of its athletes by mainstream global media.
Davidsdottir is having a banner year and quickly rising to a level of stardom not yet seen in the sport of CrossFit. She finished fourth at the 2019 CrossFit Games, published her first book, inked a multi-year deal with NOBULL, and was the first CrossFit Games athlete to be included in ESPN’s Body Issue.
The summit’s mission statement: “Unite a world-class group of leaders in sports and business, female athletes, and industry influencers for a two-day program of speakers, sports activities, and collaboration – all focused on creating positive change and opportunity for women in sports.”
Also speaking at the three-day conference:
- Julie Foudy – ESPN W writer, commentator, World Cup soccer champion, and Olympic gold medalist.
- Christy Hedgpeth – Chief Operating Officer of the WNBA.
- Casey Wasserman – Chairman of the LA 2028 Olympic, and Paralympic Games.
- Robin Roberts – Co-Anchor of Good Morning America.
- Julie Eddleman – Global Client Partner at Google.
- Nneka Ogwumike – WNBA Champion and All-Star, President of the WNBA Players Associations.
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.