The 2020 CrossFit Games Open officially kicks off tomorrow and with it begins the qualification process for a host of Sanctionals. Thirteen events in total have opted to use the five weeks of competition as the qualifier for their events later this season. For a majority of these events, you will be required to register for the CrossFit Open in order to log your score.
Sanctionals Using the Open
- Pandaland CrossFit Challenge — Register by October 14.
- Dubai CrossFit Championship — Register by October 14.
- CrossFit Strength in Depth — Register by October 14.
- CrossFit Mayhem Classic — Register by October 14.
- Norwegian CrossFit Championships — Register by October 23.
- Australian CrossFit Championships — TBD
- Brazil CrossFit Championships — Register by October 14.
- Reykjavik CrossFit Championship — Register by November 17.
- West Coast CrossFit Classic — Register by November 11.
- Madrid CrossFit Championship — Register by November 11.
- Down Under CrossFit Championship — Register by February 1.
- Asbury Park Summer Games — Register by October 14.
- Mayan CrossFit Classic — Register by November 11.
Fun Fact: Although the exact number could vary depending on direct invites and athlete acceptance of spots, there are more individual spots available through the Open to earn a spot to compete at the next stage of competition (Sanctionals) than there were Regionals spots available in 2018.
In addition to these events, there are another eight events that have set aside direct invites for top-performing athletes in the 2020 Open on the worldwide and country leaderboards, which means the next five weeks have the potential to unlock a ton of competition opportunities.
- “The Definitive Guide to Qualifying for 2019-2020 Season Sanctionals”
- The 2019-2020 CrossFit Games Season Schedule
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
Another round of invites for the 2019-2020 Sanctionals season is going out this week after another local…