Lowlands Qualifier Kicks Off Next Week
The CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown has announced the release date for its online qualifier. The three workouts will be released on Wednesday, March 4 on their website as well as on their social media platforms.
In its 11th year, the Lowlands Throwdown will welcome 480 athletes spread across nine divisions at the Omnisport Apeldoorn in the Netherlands on May 29-31.
What you need to know: All athletes must be registered online in order to participate in the online qualifier to earn an invite to the final event.
- The qualifier consists of three workouts that must be completed in their designated order in one day. Dividing the workouts over multiple days or changing the order of the workout is not allowed and will result in a disqualification.
- Athletes will have six days, March 5-10, to complete three workouts and submit their best scores. All athletes and teams that qualify for the final event will need to provide video’s of all the workouts.
- The deadline to submit your score is Tuesday, March 10 at 9:00 PM CEST.
- The official rulebook is available online.
The divisions: The Lowlands Throwdown has divisions lined up for most skill levels.
- In the elite divisions, there are 60 total spots available for the elite individuals and 20 spots for the elite teams.
- The top-10 male and female finishers from this season’s CrossFit Open leaderboard will receive an invite to the Lowlands Throwdown and do not have to participate in the online qualifier.
- Additionally, male and female athletes that finished the Open in the top-five in the Netherlands, top-three in Belgium and top-two in Luxembourg will be invited to the Sanctional.
- The winner of the elite individual and team divisions will receive an invitation to the 2020 CrossFit Games.
- Other divisions include individual RX, Scaled, Masters (35-39), Masters (40-44), Masters (45+), Teens RX and Team RX.
The Lowlands Throwdown is one of the newest Sanctionals that the Morning Chalk Up has announced a media partnership with for the 2019-2020 season. Keep checking back for the latest news and coverage of the Lowlands Throwdown.