Tornado Rips through Tennessee, Hits CrossFit Hermitage
Tornadoes ripped through downtown Nashville and across eastern Tennessee early in the morning on March 3 as families slept in their beds, shredding more than 140 buildings and burying people in mounds of rubble and wreckage. At least 22 people were killed, according to authorities.
Affiliates affected: According to early reports, we’ve confirmed that one affiliate took a direct hit from the storm: CrossFit Hermitage in Hermitage, TN. CrossFit Mayhem in Cookeville, TN confirmed that the gym is up and running as normal.
- CrossFit Mt Juliet posted to Facebook: “Please pray for those who have lost everything after the horrific tornado that ripped through our community. Our friends at CrossFit Hermitage took a total loss; we are praying for you. Our doors are always open for you guys!”
- CrossFit Forte posted on Instagram: “We hope everyone is doing OK… Please reach out if we can assist with anything that the Tornado caused.”
- CrossFit Music City posted: “Thankful this morning that our gym and members are all ok. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of those effected by the tornadoes. If anyone needs anything, don’t hesitate to reach out!”
- CrossFit East Nashville confirmed that their gym is safe, but the surrounding area had been decimated: “All classes today are canceled. The gym is not damaged. The area around the gym is unfathomable and we need to keep roads clear for emergency crews. Go hug your friends and family. Love y’all.”
- CrossFit 615 added: “We’re devastated and heart broken by the destruction of our hometown by the tornado last night. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who has been affected. ❤️”
The Morning Chalk Up is monitoring the situation and will keep you apprised of the situation and how to help.