CrossFitters Have Spoken: “The Fittest” Will Release on March 24
The Buttery Bros announced that they will release their documentary “The Fittest” on iTunes and AppleTV on March 24. The duo went to Instagram live on Sunday afternoon to announce that they had reached the total numbers of pre-orders needed to convince their distributor to release their documentary two weeks earlier than they originally planned.
Challenge accepted: Five days ago the Buttery Bros — Heber Cannon and Marston Sawyers — challenged the CrossFit community to pre-order their documentary on the 2018-2019 CrossFit Games after interest in the film grew due to the COVID-19 quarantine.
- At the time of their challenge, they needed roughly 9,000 more pre-orders to secure an earlier release date.
- The price of the film was lowered from $12.99 to $6.99 to help in the pre-order campaign.
- Within 48 hours of the challenge the Buttery Bros reached their goal of 15,000 pre-orders.
Things to know:
- The pre-order price is still available on iTunes and will only be available until March 23 11:59 PM EST. The moment the movie goes live, the sale will end and revert back to the $12.99 cost.
- “The Fittest” will only be available on iTunes and on AppleTV for the release date. Other platforms will be added at a later date.
- This is the best-selling, pre-ordered film that Gravitas Ventures has ever distributed.
- The documentary will only be available in these countries on March 24: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Belarus, Belgium, Bermuda, Bolivia, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea-Bissau, Honduras, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Luxembourg, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, Swaziland, Sweden, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands, Zimbabwe.
- Additional countries will be added at a later date.
From Buttery Bro Heber Cannon: “We are beyond grateful to the fans that have helped make this a possibility, both to get the film made AND to get it released early,” he said. “This has been a long journey for us. We were devastated to not be able to create a movie last year but incredibly grateful to be able to tell a new and amazing story this year. Thanks to all who have and will purchase the film, we just hope you enjoy this new chapter.”