JUNK Brands to Manufacture, Donate Face Masks to Healthcare Professionals
JUNK Brands is the latest company with ties to the CrossFit community to join the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. In an Instagram post on Wednesday, the apparel company best known for making headbands announced that it would also start producing face masks that will be donated to healthcare professionals.
Doing their part: JUNK Brands reached out to local and federal officials to offer their services in light of national mask shortages in the healthcare industry.
- After being advised and ultimately approved by both entities to manufacture masks, JUNK Brands dedicated a segment of their operations to focus specifically on mask production immediately.
- The masks will not be sold to the public and are only available to those healthcare professionals that are in need.
- To request masks to be donated to you or your organization, JUNK Brands has set up a website where those in need can fill out a request to receive them.
- JUNK Brands is warning those who request and receive their masks that they are not official medical-grade masks. Their masks are made of fabric and not N95 or equivalent performing masks however they are still a benefit for those in the healthcare profession in the fight against the spread of COVID-19.
- “We have seen the effect COVID-19 is having on the CrossFit community globally and we wanted to find a way to help,” commented Craig Lile, President and General Manager of JUNK Brands. “We decided quickly that masks were our best option. We know our impact will not be necessarily massive but every mask we can make will make a difference in the fight.”
- JUNK Brands has also introduced a “Social Distancing” headband collection. The collection features ten new styles with 100% of the profits going to the Feeding America COVID-19 response fund. Feeding America is a nonprofit organization that provides meals for communities nationwide through food banks.
- Lile added, “Encouraging the behaviors we should all follow, making people smile and donating to a great cause was a perfect synergy. We are doing everything we can and I’m proud of everyone at JUNK who is making this happen.”
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields